Sunday, August 06, 2006

je suis arrière

Exactly two months ago, I delivered a cute healthy baby girl (she weighed 3.4 kgs or about 7.5 lbs and measured 53 inches). Seconds after she came out, I heared her squealed (yeah right, she cried too loud) My heart rejoiced; now, i'm a mom. I remembered once a friend told me, "I know you're gonna be a cool mom." Of course I am... A Cool mama cat. :) I also heard a nurse said "Her gums are white. She has teeth!" I smiled (despite the unbearable pain i've been into). "Stupid nurse, how could a newborn infant have teeth. What does she think of my baby, alien???"

And i almost lost my precious life. Mind you, i spent 12 hours inside the labor room. Past 7 p.m. of June 5, after having some stroll with my amant's mom, i felt a pang of pain in my bulging belly. I did not mind it much thinking it was just simple contraction (my ultrasound say i'm gonna give birth June 16). But after we had dinner, the pain became intense. When i went to the rest room, i found out i was bleeding. So i informed the people in the house. Few minutes later, i am at the hospital.

Nope, i wasn't admitted soon. While blood drifts from me, i was made to fill up the admission form at the information counter. People (mostly relatives of patients) at the hallway was telling the nurses "Admit na ninyo oi kay nagkadugo na." At the labor room, i was again made to wait for the doctor who would examine me and decide if i would be admitted or not (as the nurse told me). After the IE (internal examination) the doctor told me my opening is 1.5 cm and not yet ready for admission but i barked at her: "Di pa ko nimu ipaadmit doc nga nagkadugo na ko! Kung mahutdan kuno ko'g dugo."

To make the long story short, my labor lasted for almost 12 hours. Because of too much pain and my allergy to pain relievers (I was never given one) I got weak soon and developed fever, I crampled Flor P.'s "Lord of Pardon" booklet which she lent me and spanked the hand of the nurse(a guy), who would stroke my belly everytime i grimace in pain, several times. Every now and then, a doctor examines me. When i was wheeled to the delivery room, i was already half conscious. Good God, He made me a spirited person. I'm still alive today and able to see my baby grow.

At two months, my baby is a big girl. By the way, her name is Diona Mae (If you wanna know how i derived her name, ask yours truly). She can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Quack Moo Baa" (The song i composed for her. Now i discovered an additional talent). She'll gonna grow up to be a great kid.

I enjoyed every single moment i spend with my baby. If somebody would ask me "What do happiness means to you?" i would say Diona Mae. Yep, she's all that and more.

Trivia: The hospital where i gave birth is the same hospital which made news recently because a mom died there while about to give birth (yep, the baby died while inside her). We have similar case. Too bad...

2 comments:

PaksiT™ said...

congrats on your new baby!

wengkat said...

lamat po... keep on dropping by. hehehe. :)